IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-New Posties-

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.

Go down 
+11
agent462
JW
myzislow
mpoletti
Roc
Troylee
DML08
wootwoot
skinz78
Kraylen
DBarsotti
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
hwntunda

hwntunda

DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 2:58 am

looks like its time to bring out the razors, and beers!!!... or... just beers^^^
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 10:15 am

Yeah i'm going to try and clean it up today but i threw my back out yesterday moving the damn thing so we'll see.

So i need an acrylic sump Who's got one? The one the guy had was glass and old and had some cracks in it so i didn't take it.
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 3:27 pm

Bow chicka wow wow.. this fuckin thing is covered in scratches, fuck it ha

DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Photo1-6
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 3:57 pm

looks good! cant wait to see it full of water and corals!
Back to top Go down
wootwoot

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 6:44 pm

Looks great Dom what are you doing with your old set up? I'm looking to upgrade just like everyone else in Salinas! LOL
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 7:49 pm

hwntunda wrote:
looks good! cant wait to see it full of water and corals!

Thanks, yeah waiting to set this up is going to drive me nuts.

wootwoot wrote:
Looks great Dom what are you doing with your old set up? I'm looking to upgrade just like everyone else in Salinas! LOL

Thanks man, I'd be willing to sell or trade the stand, sump and overflow box if you want it, I would say you'd need to buy a new tank tho cause the one i have is a POS. Most all the other equipment im going to use on the new tank.
Back to top Go down
gr808

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/16/2010, 10:15 pm

HOLY SHIT!!! that's a big ass tank... sweet.. good luck getting everything together..
I'd love to see your set up when your done.. or even on your existing tanks..
good job
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 10:52 am

gr808 wrote:
HOLY SHIT!!! that's a big ass tank... sweet.. good luck getting everything together..
good job

thanks, yeah its pretty big DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 925535

Anytime you want to check out my tank just let me know, i'm always down for visitors

Hopefully by the end of this weekend i will have the stand cut down and all the new plumbing done to tie in the frag tank.

Anyone have any input on what size return i use for this tank? its got 2 returns plus one for the frag tank. It came with a HUGE external pump but i think its way overkill and i also don't want to pay to run it.
Think a Mag 6 would be alright?
Back to top Go down
bayreefer

bayreefer

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 5:25 pm

Thats a Oceanic aint it??I had that tank about 5 years ago and fuckin hated the "mega flow" those 2 overflows made me sick in the head DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 60391
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 5:35 pm

bayreefer wrote:
Thats a Oceanic aint it??I had that tank about 5 years ago and fuckin hated the "mega flow" those 2 overflows made me sick in the head DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 60391

ha yeah i wish it only had 1 overflow but theres more than enough room in there for what i need it for right now.
What kind of return did you use on your tank when it was set up?
Back to top Go down
bayreefer

bayreefer

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 5:42 pm

I really dont remember,it was 5 years ago Smile
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 5:48 pm

shit, fuck, balls

I need to figure out the return situation and get a fuckin sump, i want to get this thing running, i've got an assload of live rock in a damn trash can right meow that needs to be put in its new home
Back to top Go down
DML08

DML08

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 7:25 pm

Damn D1 nice upgrade yo...
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 8:29 pm

thanks buddy
Back to top Go down
gr808

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 9:25 pm

DBarsotti wrote:
gr808 wrote:
good job

Anytime you want to check out my tank just let me know, i'm always down for visitors

Hopefully by the end of this weekend i will have the stand cut down and all the new plumbing done to tie in the frag tank.

Anyone have any input on what size return i use for this tank? its got 2 returns plus one for the frag tank. It came with a HUGE external pump but i think its way overkill and i also don't want to pay to run it.
u got a website we can check out ur awesome shit... And setup too
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 9:49 pm

gr808 wrote:
DBarsotti wrote:
gr808 wrote:
good job

you're lookin at it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 9:49 pm

You growing macro or is it just to hold the skimmer? Could always just bang the flow and use fewer powerheads
Back to top Go down
bayreefer

bayreefer

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 9:55 pm

DBarsotti wrote:
gr808 wrote:
DBarsotti wrote:
gr808 wrote:
good job

you're lookin at it. Very Happy
LMFAO,you crazy ass mofo
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 10:05 pm

ReeferRob wrote:
You growing macro or is it just to hold the skimmer? Could always just bang the flow and use fewer powerheads

i like to have hecka macro. I might just drive up to santa cruz and get a sheet of acrylic and fuck the shit out of it and make my own sump.
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 10:15 pm

heres my current sump/fuge setup. Real simple.

DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Photo-64
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 10:46 am

This weekend I'm going to cut the stand down and hopefully move the tank into its new spot. I'm going to fill it about half way up and get the cycle going, then focus on the plumbing and sump since i'll have some waiting aound for everything to calm down in there.
Back to top Go down
Kraylen
Admin
Kraylen

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 11:16 am

I fucking hate you. I wish you had the day off so we can play tank face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reefersanonymous.net
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 12:07 pm

Kraylen wrote:
play tank face.

Is that like "just the tip" cause if so, i'm in
Back to top Go down
gr808

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 10:41 pm

yo D,
what kind of macro is that? Feather caulerpa?
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/20/2010, 2:34 pm

gr808 wrote:
yo D,
what kind of macro is that? Feather caulerpa?
I'm actually not sure what it is, I got some from the lfs when i started and have been using it since. seems to work great.
Heres a few more shots of the tank i took with my phone just now.

ORA Phils Granulosa.. Finally got a legit frag, its growing pretty fast so far.
DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Photo1-7

Jager keeping it real being a camera whore and As you can see the Sarmentosa is growing into the damn glass, I keep hitting it with the fuckin magnet. I need to get the new tank crackin.
DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Photo3-18
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next