IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-New Posties-

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.

Go down 
+11
agent462
JW
myzislow
mpoletti
Roc
Troylee
DML08
wootwoot
skinz78
Kraylen
DBarsotti
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/20/2010, 4:03 pm

I need help with stocking my new tank, I have no clue what to put in it.. As of now, My little yellow tang "Tim" is going in there, 2 false percs, 4 1-1.5" chromis (probably going to add a few more) and thats it.

I am reeeeeallly into schooling fish.

Ignitus Anthias?
Dispar Anthias ??

Copperbanded butterfly??

Maybe a sweet wrasse??

Lets hear your ideas.
Back to top Go down
bayreefer

bayreefer

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/20/2010, 5:02 pm

Throw a Mystery Wrasse in that bitch Wink
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 8:27 pm

bayreefer wrote:
Throw a Mystery Wrasse in that bitch Wink

thatd be pretty coo.

How many fish do you guys think would be appropriate for a 120? my small yellow tank is going to probably be the only large fish in the tank..

Right now i'm leaning towards these fish..

Anthias
Blue chromis (smallest ones i can possibly find)
blue streak cardinals

And maybe 1 cool wrasse.

How many of each of these fish could i get?

I've never had a bigger tank than a 40g so i'm clueless on whats acceptable
Back to top Go down
wootwoot

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 8:54 pm

I HAVE A fish for you!!
Back to top Go down
bayreefer

bayreefer

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 8:55 pm

Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 9:18 pm

wootwoot wrote:
I HAVE A fish for you!!

oh really?
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 4:29 am

in our 150, we got
a hippo, 2 true percs, 5 green chromis, 1 basselett, 2 yellow tangs, 1 tomato, 1 mandarin... i had a tagami but it grew big and the others picked at its long fin and it died:( .... the chromis are nice when the tomato chases them but i wanna pull em so i can get my F bellus....
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 10:29 am

hwntunda wrote:
in our 150, we got
a hippo, 2 true percs, 5 green chromis, 1 basselett, 2 yellow tangs, 1 tomato, 1 mandarin... i had a tagami but it grew big and the others picked at its long fin and it died:( .... the chromis are nice when the tomato chases them but i wanna pull em so i can get my F bellus....

so maybe 10-15 depending on the size?
Back to top Go down
myzislow

myzislow

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 11:22 am

DBarsotti wrote:
hwntunda wrote:
in our 150, we got

I have 12 fish in my 29 gallon. With an adequate skimmer and a sensible fish list you could stock that bitch with a lot more than that IMO.

Congrats on the upgrade! Are you going to be holding onto jager now that you have more room?

Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 12:24 pm

myzislow wrote:
DBarsotti wrote:
hwntunda wrote:
in our 150, we got

I have 12 fish in my 29 gallon. With an adequate skimmer and a sensible fish list you could stock that bitch with a lot more than that IMO.

Congrats on the upgrade! Are you going to be holding onto jager now that you have more room?

+1 as long as the skimmer can handle... the biggest is the hippo about 5"... but the fucker ate one of my utter chaos polyps i was gonna hook up my buddy with, so he's getting the boot!!! u want a $200 hippo.... rotflmfao!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 8:14 pm

myzislow wrote:
DBarsotti wrote:
hwntunda wrote:
in our 150, we got

damn, 12 in a 29. shoot so i should be able to keep 48 fish in my 120 haha.
I'm really going to try and make this tank look realistic, I want lots of little fish just like you see on the reef videos where theres tons of activity..
I'm still planning on getting rid of Jager, I'd rather have more little fish in his place.

Today I didn't get as far as i wanted with the tank but I beat the shit out of the stand, cut it down, reenforced it x10 and repainted it. It turned out pretty good. I guess i'm going to have to wait till next weekend to start the cycle
Here some pictures.

DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Photo-66
DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Photo-65

Back to top Go down
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 8:25 pm

With you sticks you need a little school of long spine cardnials crepping in the shadows and shit. Cromis add dope color and get the other fish to explore.

I've got 13 fish in my 60, 2 clowns 2 cromis mandrin and the rest is all wrasse!!
Yellow wrasse are great for pest and add dope color to a reef. So I think thats a must or a 6 line.

Just picked up a CBB for the grow out, soon to go into DT. Thing cleaned out about 2 million aptasias in 2 days.
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 8:38 pm

ReeferRob wrote:
With you sticks you need a little school of long spine cardnials crepping in the shadows and shit. Cromis add dope color and get the other fish to explore.

I've got 13 fish in my 60, 2 clowns 2 cromis mandrin and the rest is all wrasse!!
Yellow wrasse are great for pest and add dope color to a reef. So I think thats a must or a 6 line.

Just picked up a CBB for the grow out, soon to go into DT. Thing cleaned out about 2 million aptasias in 2 days.

yeah I want more long spine cardinals, i was thinking maybe 5 or 6, i have 2 right now and they're pretty awesome fish. And my chromis use my miami orchid stag as treehouse, its pretty bad ass, I just want tons of activity, with all the space in the 120 and the way i plan to do the rock i think theres going to be lots of swimming room.

CBB are sick and definitely catch peoples eyes. Ha I want some good looking fish, everyone who comes over and looks at my tank says.. "Wheres all the fish?" totally ignoring all my beautiful sps ha
Back to top Go down
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 9:15 pm

I would think you could do a bad ass pink tail trigger or blue throat for big dog of the tank, CBB and Tim to round out the big guys.
Im gonna shut up now......Im thinking of yanking ALL my fish and starting over!
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/23/2010, 12:46 am

looking good bro, stand looks great!!!

Last edited by hwntunda on 8/23/2010, 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wootwoot

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/23/2010, 1:21 am

Lubux fairy wrasse would be killer!
Back to top Go down
Troylee

Troylee

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/23/2010, 6:10 am

Looking good bro....Wink
I bought 15 chromis when I started my tank but I'm down to 9 and they seem to behave.... If you want 15 I would get at least 20 there gonna kill each other off for the first couple days before settling in.... Cool fish thou for sure.... I got 10 in my prop tank right now and nothing else lol....
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/23/2010, 5:14 pm

thanks everyone.

Fuck i am so excited ot set this tank up!
Back to top Go down
bayreefer

bayreefer

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/23/2010, 5:21 pm

That sum bitch is gonna be sick if it comes out to be anything close to that 40b you got Wink
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/23/2010, 5:47 pm

bayreefer wrote:
That sum bitch is gonna be sick if it comes out to be anything close to that 40b you got Wink

thanks man, hopefully it turns out 1000x cooler than the 40. I'm really worried about moving all my sps from their current home, i'm gunna be super bummed if i lose some of the things i have.

Last edited by DBarsotti on 8/23/2010, 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bayreefer

bayreefer

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/23/2010, 5:51 pm

DBarsotti wrote:
bayreefer wrote:

thanks man, hopefully it turns out 1000x cooler than the 40. I'l really worried about moving all my sps from their current home, i'm gunna be super bummed if i lose some of the things i have.
I would be worried too,sticks are very unpredictable as Im sure you know.
Back to top Go down
DML08

DML08

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/23/2010, 7:53 pm

looks like fun D1..
Back to top Go down
wootwoot

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 12:20 am

Quote :
-wootwoot wrote:
I HAVE A fish for you!!

oh really?

Yeah you just have to figure out how to get it with out ditroying my tank!! Good luck with that! LOl
Back to top Go down
Kraylen
Admin
Kraylen

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 3:50 am

My cat is almost 17 years old.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reefersanonymous.net
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/24/2010, 9:02 am

Kraylen wrote:
My cat is almost 17 years old.

..what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.    DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DBarsotti's Tank on the Hill.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next