IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-New Posties-

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sometimes its a pain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cachenick

Sometimes its a pain Empty
PostSubject: Sometimes its a pain   Sometimes its a pain Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 12:50 pm

keeping a reef tank. So about four or five months ago I started seeing orange flat worms in my tank. I tried a few different fish that people suggested would eat them. The number of worms seemed to have gone down. Well a few weeks ago I was out of town for the weekend and my wife tripped the circuit breaker that the tank is on so my lighting schedule was off. When I got home the lights were off and when I turned them on you could hardly see into the tank there was so many flat worms on the glass. The rocks and corals were covered in them.

I decided right then that I didn't care if I had to start over I wanted those damn things gone. Went out and bought some flat worm exit. Followed the directions to the tee, siphoned as many as I could, then dosed. I was shocked at how fast the worms died. Did what the directions said and stared running carbon in 20 min and also did two 30% water changes that night.

Long story short, lost most of my fish and all my SPS and LPS are gone. Had a big time GHA outbreak probably due to all the death. Got things back on track now and parameters look good. Time to start rebuilding.
Back to top Go down
Kraylen
Admin
Kraylen

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes its a pain   Sometimes its a pain Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 12:56 pm

Dude that fucking blows..... Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.reefersanonymous.net
bayreefer

bayreefer

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes its a pain   Sometimes its a pain Icon_minitime8/17/2010, 5:28 pm

If you dont dip I suggest you start "Revive"ing.AEFW is the reason I got out the hobby 5 years ago but that was when I didnt know about dipping.
Back to top Go down
cachenick

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes its a pain   Sometimes its a pain Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 1:25 pm

bayreefer wrote:
If you dont dip I suggest you start "Revive"ing.AEFW is the reason I got out the hobby 5 years ago but that was when I didnt know about dipping.

I do Revive, not sure how I got the infestation. Good news is that on Monday I added a foxface, algae blenny and twenty turbos. GHA is almost completely gone with out any manual removal, that I like very much!
Back to top Go down
bayreefer

bayreefer

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes its a pain   Sometimes its a pain Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 2:17 pm

Yeah GHA can be a pain,I have seen some nice tanks get completely taken over by that,good to hear
Back to top Go down
Roc

Roc

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes its a pain   Sometimes its a pain Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 2:41 pm

Nick please update your DBTC's at the club if you lost the corals, it may also help getting your tank restocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.komplexrecords.com
cachenick

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes its a pain   Sometimes its a pain Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 8:52 am

Roc wrote:
Nick please update your DBTC's at the club if you lost the corals, it may also help getting your tank restocked

Updated. Thanks for reminding me. BtW is therena way to search the DBTC. Want to make sure I got them all logged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes its a pain   Sometimes its a pain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sometimes its a pain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Showroom :: General Reef-
Jump to: