IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-New Posties-

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new build for my daughter

Go down 
+3
DBarsotti
revhtree
hwntunda
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hwntunda

hwntunda

new build for my daughter Empty
PostSubject: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 7:14 pm

hey guys been doing some rock work for a new tank for my daughter and thought id share some pics...
new build for my daughter DSC00559
new build for my daughter DSC00605
new build for my daughter DSC00603
new build for my daughter DSC00601
new build for my daughter DSC00599
new build for my daughter DSC00604
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 8:24 pm

the 55g i got for free holding its own...needs some cleaning but otherwise.... she go!!!
[img]new build for my daughter DSC00607[/img]
Back to top Go down
revhtree

revhtree

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 8:27 pm

That's going to be a sweep scape bro! Your "daughter" (lol) will love the new tank.
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 8:46 pm

yeah that scape is rad.
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 8:57 pm

revhtree wrote:
That's going to be a sweep scape bro! Your "daughter" (lol) will love the new tank.
thanks rev! ya "she" will...lmfao!!!! 8 going on 18... uuugghhh!!! so fast! she did the designing and i did the epoxying...

Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 8:59 pm

DBarsotti wrote:
yeah that scape is rad.
thanks DB! she said her mission is to scape it better than the 150g.... and, well.... she did already!!
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 9:17 pm

tanks got some good water stains, so its time to bring out the elbow grease...
[img]new build for my daughter DSC00611[/img]
Back to top Go down
bayreefer

bayreefer

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 9:19 pm

Im feelin those structures man,its gonna look pretty dope with them lined up in that tank.You might wanna ask her if she wants a bigger tank,something like a 150g hahaha
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 9:24 pm

bayreefer wrote:
Im feelin those structures man,its gonna look pretty dope with them lined up in that tank.You might wanna ask her if she wants a bigger tank,something like a 150g hahaha
hahaha thanks man!, she got a 120 in her room but fish and a few softies only...and she must have heard you as now she wants to redo everything and add the scape in there... uuggghhh.. kids...lmfao!!!! we'll see what she finally decides... i want to upgrade to a 220 so she just might get the 150 moved to her room... lol!
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 10:59 pm

well after thinking about it .... she decided to wait till we get the 220 up so she can have the 150 in her room.... now either gotta build one or wait till the lfs gets one in... i think she's the only 8yr old with her own 120g and a queen size bed!!! so the 55 will become my prop tank now... hahaha, but for now ill use it to cycle the rocks...
Back to top Go down
gr808

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/16/2010, 1:57 am

Shit, I should've used that water spot remover on the back of my 120... got a little of that lime stain crap.
Nice scaping bro... I'm sure your daughter will be happy. Is that for her 200 or the 55?
Back to top Go down
gr808

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/16/2010, 1:58 am

BTW, I like how the Heinies are accidently thrown in there..... lmao
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/16/2010, 12:12 pm

gr808 wrote:
Shit, I should've used that water spot remover on the back of my 120... got a little of that lime stain crap.
Nice scaping bro... I'm sure your daughter will be happy. Is that for her 200 or the 55?
thanks man! the scaping will go in the 150 when it goes in her room, so ill need to do more new scaping for the new 220 when CF gets one in.... hopefully she'll help with the design of the scape! Very Happy ... u need some of the stain remover? i got lots! or if the stains are'nt too bad, you can try vinegar, or clr...
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/16/2010, 12:14 pm

gr808 wrote:
BTW, I like how the Heinies are accidently thrown in there..... lmao
hahaha... I dont know why,...... but they just kept following me around! i had to put one in "timeout" in the tank.
Back to top Go down
gr808

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/16/2010, 10:03 pm

hwntunda wrote:
gr808 wrote:
thanks man! the scaping will go in the 150 when it goes in her room, so ill need to do more new scaping for the new 220 when CF gets one in.... hopefully she'll help with the design of the scape! Very Happy ... u need some of the stain remover? i got lots! or if the stains are'nt too bad, you can try vinegar, or clr...

I'd hate to drain my tank and start over.. Maybe when i plan to tent my house i can clean those stains up. It's not too bad with water in the tank...
Back to top Go down
wootwoot

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/16/2010, 11:17 pm

what I see in this post is what the reefers culture should be, family involvement, passing on the love of great hings growing up with a cool dad that has all the coolest creatures and her own tanks! Thats what I'm talking about! Okay so I sound hokey........I dont fucking care , do you! LOL drunken
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/18/2010, 4:30 am

wootwoot wrote:
what I see in this post is what the reefers culture should be, family involvement, passing on the love of great hings growing up with a cool dad that has all the coolest creatures and her own tanks! Thats what I'm talking about! Okay so I sound hokey........I dont fucking care , do you! LOL drunken

my daughter is totally into the reefing aspect of SW!! i cant go near the beach let alone the LFS without her looking for something new!!! hahaha.... hopefully more of our younger ones can continue what we have been doing!!! new build for my daughter 177354 after i pass i wanna look down and see all my sticks look like TREES!!!! CHEEEEAAAHH!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
wootwoot

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 12:45 am

My grandkids are getting into salt water tanks! the oldest turned 10 in July she wanted to go eat rattlesnake for her birthday. They went to the LFS and she decided she would really like two cool more expensive fish for her tank for her birthday! Then she said oh and we can eat rattlesnake next weekend!
Back to top Go down
Roc

Roc

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 8:17 am

My 8 year old has been keeping his own tank for 2 years, he started with a 2.5 gallon but was giving a 12 gallon tru vue by a member of my club because he was doing such a good job and was able to prop coral back into our DBTC program, he still has it running now, looks great and now he does all the work on it himself
Back to top Go down
http://www.komplexrecords.com
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 2:42 pm

^^^^^^glad to hear that the younger gen has an interest in this great hobby! will be posting new pics this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new build for my daughter   new build for my daughter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new build for my daughter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Showroom :: The Showtank Showdown-
Jump to: