IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-New Posties-

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How big are your frags?

Go down 
+7
hwntunda
Ian
DML08
Kraylen
DBarsotti
Troylee
Roc
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roc

Roc

How big are your frags? Empty
PostSubject: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 2:46 pm

I wanted to see if I am typicialy over generous with my frags or if we all are in the same range.

Typicialy for SPS I will frag only 1"+ on my frags as I feel anything smaller runs a higher risk of dying
Back to top Go down
http://www.komplexrecords.com
Troylee

Troylee

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 2:51 pm

Your practice is nice and I do the same but it seems like when I buy the high dollar stuff I get 1/4" to 1/2".... Drives me fucking nuts..... There more expensive than the rest and way smaller...Sad
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 3:18 pm

I put some pictures and a video up of my frags on my thread
Back to top Go down
Kraylen
Admin
Kraylen

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 4:34 pm

However the bone cutters make them haha... sometimes I have greater intentions.. but one frag sometimes turns into 2 when I cut it Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.reefersanonymous.net
Troylee

Troylee

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 4:43 pm

Kraylen wrote:
However the bone cutters make them haha... sometimes I have greater intentions.. but one frag sometimes turns into 2 when I cut it Sad
2for 1 is always nice...Wink
Back to top Go down
DML08

DML08

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 5:57 pm

Depends who they go to.. homies get hooked up, other then that 1"+ .. I have some big ass frags of BOP on the sand bed right now, 4 of them 3"+ , I dropped my bone cutters on accident, DBTC??
Back to top Go down
Ian

Ian

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 1:08 am

Troylee wrote:
Your practice is nice and I do the same but it seems like when I buy the high dollar stuff I get 1/4" to 1/2".... Drives me fucking nuts..... There more expensive than the rest and way smaller...Sad

Sheeeit, I know you're not talkin bout my shit sucka....
Back to top Go down
Kraylen
Admin
Kraylen

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 3:43 am

Oh.. FWIW.. if I have a large SPS colony, which I usually do not... I cut phat pieces.. if it is something smaller I will smaller pieces usually... I mean.. I had this lil lokani frag I got and D1 wanted a piece.. I said fuck it and I gave him a rat nipple.. he knew what it would be since the "colony" was 3 rat nipples.

hahahahah.. skimpy lokani/gran/etc frags shall be known as rap nipples....

Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 4:16 am

i try to hook it up larger than 1 1/2" depending on the mother...
Back to top Go down
jestersix

jestersix

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 10:36 am

DML08 wrote:
Depends who they go to.. homies get hooked up, other then that 1"+ .. I have some big ass frags of BOP on the sand bed right now, 4 of them 3"+ , I dropped my bone cutters on accident, DBTC??

DBTC sounds good to me!

I try and make the biggest frag I can, but sometimes rat nipples are all I can spare. Sometimes a rat nipple is all you get. Are tiny birdsnest frag guinea pig nipples? Seriously, I would rather get a nipple than a booger!
Back to top Go down
Troylee

Troylee

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 11:37 am

Ian wrote:
Troylee wrote:

Sheeeit, I know you're not talkin bout my shit sucka....
was up with the guilty conciese?????lmfao!!!!!
nah bro not your shit....."why you think i come back????"
some local people i have delt with and a couple vendors......
Back to top Go down
revhtree

revhtree

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 12:59 pm

Dang all of you are reef selling saints. Go figure...LOL!
Back to top Go down
Kraylen
Admin
Kraylen

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 1:08 pm

revhtree wrote:

Has nothing to do with money *wink*
Back to top Go down
revhtree

revhtree

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 1:36 pm

Ok Reef Fragging Saints! *wink wink*
Back to top Go down
revhtree

revhtree

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 1:47 pm

So do you make bigger frags if your selling or just giving away?

I tend to give away bigger frags to those that are buying from me. Although my local friends get dibs on anything and I let them frag it themselves! LOL!
Back to top Go down
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 2:05 pm

over here we just do trades and i like to give bigger pieces. but either way, nothing smaller than 1 1/2"...
Back to top Go down
Roc

Roc

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 3:39 pm

revhtree wrote:
Ok Reef Fragging Saints! *wink wink*

It aslo depneds how much you care that the frag make it or if your just in it to fuck everyone over and make as much coin as you can in the process, obviously a larger frag has a better chance of survival so when I give them away or DBTC them my point is for thoat coral to get into as many ppl's hands as possible, if I just cut tiny little pieces chances are quite a few will die, hence what I was doing would be fail related, and when selling them i am trying to help others out get corals they may not be able to afford, so for instance I sell a frag that ORA sells to a store for X dollars, and MSRP is like 65.00 or so for 15.00 bucks, then the ppl who can't afford 65.00 still get to enjoy the nicer stuff....
Back to top Go down
revhtree

revhtree

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 3:46 pm

That makes perfect sense. If you loose 3 of 5 tiny frags you lost when you could have made 3 larger frags and won. Smile
Back to top Go down
Roc

Roc

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 3:48 pm

revhtree wrote:
That makes perfect sense. If you loose 3 of 5 tiny frags you lost when you could have made 3 larger frags and won. Smile

sure if those 3 get turned into 3 more, and those turn into 3 more and everyone ends up with healthy colonies, in my local club we saturated the club with Tyree LE sunset monti so much that it's HARD to give away within the club..............
Back to top Go down
revhtree

revhtree

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 3:50 pm

LOL! Honestly our club did the same things with certain palys and sps including the sunset!
Back to top Go down
Roc

Roc

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 3:53 pm

So there you go.

In our club the policy is to give back at least what you got, so if someone gives out a rat nipple frag that fine, however that also means that the receiver is only expected to give back 2 rat nipples, so I try to encourage ppl to wait and give out something a little more substantial, and thus the receiver needs to also do that.

My general rule is to give out about twice what I got, so it may take a little longer to return but the results are better in terms of the frags living and being returned.
Back to top Go down
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/12/2010, 4:12 pm

Kraylen wrote:
Oh.. FWIW.. if I have a large SPS colony, which I usually do not... I cut phat pieces.. if it is something smaller I will smaller pieces usually... I mean.. I had this lil lokani frag I got and D1 wanted a piece.. I said fuck it and I gave him a rat nipple.. he knew what it would be since the "colony" was 3 rat nipples.

hahahahah.. skimpy lokani/gran/etc frags shall be known as rap nipples....

I still have this rat nipple. but now it has a rat nipple growing off the rat nipples.. nipple
Back to top Go down
mpoletti

mpoletti

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/14/2010, 9:20 am

revhtree wrote:

Thats what happens when its not all about the money Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
agent462
agent462

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/14/2010, 10:26 am

I've been working on a post about poor propagation tactics based on Marks post "Friends don't let friends receive small frags"

The little itty bitty frag that I posted on here finally died after 5 months. Regardless of how long I had it, the thing had no chance from the start.
Back to top Go down
Ian

Ian

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime8/14/2010, 10:29 am

agent462 wrote:
I've been working on a post about poor propagation tactics based on Marks post "Friends don't let friends receive small frags"

The little itty bitty frag that I posted on here finally died after 5 months. Regardless of how long I had it, the thing had no chance from the start.

bummer man, sorry to hear. I guess that's what happens when a "vendor" is selling frags made from frags Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How big are your frags?   How big are your frags? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How big are your frags?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Coral Propagation :: Propagation Discussion-
Jump to: