IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS OLD FORUM, THEN YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR LINK!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-New Posties-

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how often do you change your socks?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hwntunda

hwntunda

how often do you change your socks? Empty
PostSubject: how often do you change your socks?   how often do you change your socks? Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 4:21 am

ok first off,... NO not your socks on your feet!!! i was wondering how often do you change your filter socks? after so many cleanings of blasting them with some pressure they must lose their micron catching ability, right?...
Back to top Go down
DML08

DML08

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your socks?   how often do you change your socks? Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 6:17 am

I change mine every other day when I use them.. once a month I'll just toss them in the washer with a capfull of bleach, then 2-3 times with just water alone, then a good soak In RO/DI water.. these are the nylon filter socks
Back to top Go down
Roc

Roc

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your socks?   how often do you change your socks? Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 8:39 am

I change mine 1-2 times a week depending on if I find and clean some aglae off the tank during the week. I was them with my fish towels with plain soap
Back to top Go down
http://www.komplexrecords.com
mpoletti

mpoletti

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your socks?   how often do you change your socks? Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 9:16 am

Filter socks? What are those used for? Besides nitrates?
Back to top Go down
Kraylen
Admin
Kraylen

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your socks?   how often do you change your socks? Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 12:00 pm

I use a filter sock and a hose to clean the prop tank... throw the sock and hose into the sump.. chea
Back to top Go down
http://www.reefersanonymous.net
hwntunda

hwntunda

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your socks?   how often do you change your socks? Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 4:11 pm

thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Roc

Roc

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your socks?   how often do you change your socks? Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 4:22 pm

mpoletti wrote:
Filter socks? What are those used for? Besides nitrates?

catching fish that can swim though Overflows, catch bad crap blown off rocks during WC, get rid of micro bubbles in the sump and thus display
Back to top Go down
http://www.komplexrecords.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how often do you change your socks?   how often do you change your socks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how often do you change your socks?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Showroom :: General Reef-
Jump to: